Monday, August 21, 2006

Purdue and a Tribute to Jared

Well today was my first day at Purdue. It was definitely a new experience. Going from Faith to Purdue is a really big adjustment. I've determind that there are at least as many buildings at Purdue as there were rooms at Faith. I missed my first class today because of the traffic. It took me 50 minutes to get to school from my house! I was REALLY angry. Not a very good start to the day. It got better though. I met up with Shawn and Jenni. Shawn had a class to go to so Jenni and i walked around for a while. Then i did some other random stuff which doesn't really matter and now i'm posting all about it. I don't have class until 12:30 tomorrow so i'm really excited about that. If any of you guys wanna hang out in the next week or so give me a call. I'd really like to see everyone before they leave, or start school in earnest, etc...

On to a different subject ~

I would like to say just a few words about Jared. I know he'll probably never read this, but I'm going to say it anyways for my benefit and for anyone else who may read this. Jared was a great friend, one of the best i've ever had. We were friends when we were both homeschooled, and we became better and better friends as the years went by; Jared was my friend, my advisor, and my relationship counselor. Jared taught me so many things, he helped me adjust to Faith, and brought me into his great circle of friends. He stood beside me, always there if i needed his help or his advice. If i was ever having a bad day i knew i could count on him to help and to cheer me up. He stood up for me and befriended me and i wanted to take a moment to thank him.

I would also like to say that if anyone has anything special to say about or to Jared, or a memory they would like to share please just leave a comment. Maybe someday when Jared gets back I can show him through this post how much he meant to and influenced his friends, and everyone around him.

2 Comments:

Blogger turza said...

purdue is great though! i love it. its really not as big and scary as i once thought. I have CS 110 with shawn!!

about jared. i have so many memories with and about him. i miss him a ton and i know he'll be a great marine and a great leader and example of a Godly leader........ he is such a good friend....(sniff)

'parting is such sweet sorrow.'

3:49 PM  
Blogger JJewell06 said...

thanx jenni, it was awesome hanging out with you too, it really made my day. I dunno if i'm just not with the program or what, but i haven't really had any homework, i don't know what's up w/ that?

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home